[AG-TECH] Newbie-Purchasing Rack Servers

Russ Wolf russ at bu.edu
Tue Jul 17 08:38:31 CDT 2001

At Boston University we are now running with 3 video cards

1 - AGP Matrox G450 - for the two left most projection screens
1 - PCI Matrox G450 - for the rightmost projection screen
    (most often used for powerpoint)
1 - PCI MAtrox G450 - for the console display

I began by usiong only 1 PCI Matrox card for the 3rd projector and the
console - but since I like to display the console in a different size
1280x1024 from the projector 1024x768 - it seemes sluggish to have two
different rsolutions from the same card (one on each interface) - so I
tossed another $120 video card in there and things are super happy now.

	-Russ