[AG-TECH] Newbie-Purchasing Rack Servers

Bob Huebert huebert at arsc.edu
Mon Jul 16 16:10:47 CDT 2001

Ours came from Winsted http://www.winsted.com

>2. Should I buy the rack separate from the computers?
>   2a. If so is there a recommended vendor?
>3. I'm running three projectors, can I just get the Matrox Quad head card?

This the interface we have - works as advertised, although we have
seen degraded performance of the window manager when there are a lot
of windows to display.

-bob
Bob Huebert                                 email: huebert at arsc.edu
HPC Visualization Systems Analyst           voice: (907) 474-5751
Arctic Region Supercomputing Center           FAX: (907) 474-5494
University of Alaska Fairbanks                WWW: http://www.arsc.edu/