[AG-TECH] Re: PAL/NTSC update

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 16 10:19:24 CDT 2001

At 04:48 PM 7/13/2001 +0100, Mike Daw wrote:
>Bob,
>
>I finally narrowed down the problem I was having with my video capture. I'm
>tentatively suggesting that it could be your software update (the one that
>meant there was no need to select PAL each time from the menu)...!
>
>If I run setup-config then set all my cards to NTSC and write output, then
>manually set PAL for each camera (as before your fix), I get no PC crash. If
>however I save the setting to PAL and write output, then when I start
>capture for the cameras I get a crash (unless I've tested with NTSC before).

Okay, weird. At

         http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/new-vv/ag-vrm-
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/new-vv/ag-vrm-1.08-1.i3
86.rpm

you'll find updated vrm code that adds a button to the device details
window that will dump the config file for that device out to the terminal
window from which vrm was executed.

What you should do is set up a device in the manner that crashes the
machine, spit the configratuion out, and copy/paste it to a file. Then run
vic against that file:

         vic -u config-file 224.1.2.3/12000

and see if you get a crash. If so, send the config file along to me and
I'll see if it looks weird.

--bob