[AG-TECH] Sound problems

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Thu Jul 12 18:18:06 CDT 2001

Here's another response that "could" be bogus but
sounds painfully familiar to my experience, which
Bob Olson helped me correct.

On your rat, on the "Talk" side - does it say
"Microphone" above the meter?  If it does, then
click on one of the triangles right next to that
label until it says "Line-In" - that's the setting
you want.  The fact that you referred to a "Microphone"
meter suggests that maybe this really is the problem?

Hope this helps,

Don

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Jeff Olsen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I cannot get my sound to function properly either through the test room or
> using a reflector. When I use the reflector I see packets going both
> directions using a protocol analyzer but no echo. When in the test room I
> see the meter (in rat) coming in being modulated but nothing on the
> microphone meter (the talk button is on).
>
> Is there some setup of the OSS that could be causing this? My audio seems
> to be passing through the card from input to output for local sound and I
> cannot get this to turn off. The Gentner seems to be configured correctly,
> disconnecting the audio out of the PC stops local audio. I cannot get the
> OSS manual config to work on the individual cards, don't know if this is
> supposed to work.
>
> Do I make any sense?
>
> Any ideas out there?
>

> Jeff Olsen
> Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
> 7000 East ave, MS L-541
>   Livermore, CA 94550
> (925) 423-1023

   Don Morton                      http://www.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana
   Missoula, MT 59812 | Voice (406) 243-4975 | Fax (406) 243-5139