[AG-TECH] Some mic questions

Jonas Talandis jonast at evl.uic.edu
Mon Jul 16 10:17:37 CDT 2001

I'm curious about the design limits of the Gentner phantom power supply.
George mentioned he had 8 mics running, which seems pretty good. I've never
experienced the pick up problem you describe, perhaps it's a connector issue?

Also I agree with the previous comment from the group about choir mics.
Picking up a "choir" is a lot different than a lone comment from an
audience. Even if you beat the problems from HVAC and other audible
interference it's a good idea to keep a boom or hand-held mic available for
audience participation.

JT