[AG-TECH] Some mic questions

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 16 06:56:14 CDT 2001

At 05:53 PM 7/13/2001 -0500, Jonas Talandis wrote:
>Sounds like rubbish to me. Most nodes I know have the mics directly
>connected to the Gentner, which is important to echo performance. Has
>anyone experienced any phantom power problems?

The only issue I've ever seen regarding to phantom power is the rare
occasion  where a mic isn't picking up for some reason, and toggling
phantom power on and off brings it back.

 From the PCC-160 spec sheet, phantom power requirement is 12-48 V, 4 mA.

 From the Gentner specs, it's providing 24V phantom power.

No problem.

The CM31 looks to be quite similar to hte Audio-Technica hanging condenser
mics we are using in our seminar room for the audience. They seem to work
quite well; you do need to experiment with placement to ensure full coverage.

--bob