[AG-TECH] Nanocruise information

Mary Fritsch fritsch at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 9 17:38:57 CDT 2001

Great.  We would love to have you man a nanocruise week.

Basically, SC Global is a major event this year at Supercomputing 2001
(www.sc2001.org).  It will "happen" through the technology of the Access
Grid.  Several AG Nodes, called Constellation Sites for this event, are
coming onboard for the event from all over the world.  It is an exciting
project.  The current list of sites can be found at:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/scglobal/constellationsites.htm

We are asking the AG Community and established Constellation Sites to help
test and troubleshoot their newly built and operating nodes.  This really
only entails 1 hr, 2 days, 1 week on a Tues/Thurs preferrably and at 9:00am
-10:00am CDT
We could provide content for you or you can just run the cruise using some
checklist topics at:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/scglobal/inventory_for_ag_nodes.htm

After the nanocruise, you would just let me know (via email) what site
accomplished thorough testing in what area - breakthroughs or
highlights.  There will be a spreadsheet to help visualize this coming
soon.  Just a few line summary of how the cruise went if fine.  We simply
need to work with the sites and troubleshoot any topics they need help with
to get their node running at top production.  Would you feel comfortable
with this?  If so, August 14 and 16 could have your name on it :)

Let me know.

Mary Fritsch
Cruise Director