[AG-TECH] Adjustments to AGN Specs

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Wed Jan 10 09:23:12 CST 2001

Robert Olson wrote:

> At 06:55 AM 1/10/2001 -0800, Don Morton wrote:
>
> > 1) Due to unexpected configuration of Display machine motherboard,
> >    I'm running 3 projectors plus monitor off of the G200 Quad
> >    card.  As it turns out, the G200 won't cooperate with any
> >    other video adaptor in the machine unless its a Matrox
> >    (and the restriction is probably more specific than just that).
>
> Is this the case under win2k still? The OS should allow this; does the machine
> boot up? I've run a mix of matrox and other cards without problem in the past.
> Is this the machine with the ATI AGP adapter onboard?

I'd better investigate further.  Initially, I screwed up and had the
mouse/keyboard
cables reversed, with both the G200 and an ATI PCI card in.  I read in
the G200 manual that the G200 only works with other Matrox cards, so
figured that was the problem.  Then I discovered my reversed cables :)

It turns out there is no ATI AGP adapter onboard, though that was specified in
the quote - this is something I'll take up with SAG.

> > We're still several weeks away from even getting our high-speed network
> > connected in to the AGN, so I can't test this myself.  Which reminds
> > me, U. Montana has an opening for a Networking position (I don't know
> > exactly at what level) - if anybody's interested, I can find more
> > info for you.  In general, low monetary rewards, high peace-of-mind
> > rewards :)
>
> :-). Betcha it doesn't cost as much to live out there as it does here...

In places like Missoula, it tends to be higher than folks expect, though
I don't think it's as bad as the coasts.

--
Don Morton                     http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/morton/
Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana