[AG-TECH] AGN Computer Specs

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Mon Jan 8 19:24:51 CST 2001

I should add to my previous message and make sure it's clear
that I'm not criticizing ANL or anybody for these discrepancies.
Clearly, in the text of the specifications, it says one should
make sure there are enough of the right sorts of slots.  It
was my mistake to "assume" (I'm sure you all know "ASS U ME" :)
that the computers listed in Appendix 1 matched these specs.
I clearly should have gone through each spec and made sure
I thoroughly understood them.  RTFM applies here, but I think
that as the AG grows, you'll find more and more folks who
don't have/spend the time sufficient to investigate these
conflicts, and will make invalid assumptions as I did.

Thanks,

Don
--
   Don Morton                     http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana