[AG-TECH] RAT not finding audio card

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Wed Feb 28 14:14:12 CST 2001

Allan Spale wrote:

> > 3) On the display machine - I can finally get the collection of all the other
> > cams in
> >      the lobby.  Should I be seeing my "own" cam in that collection if things
> > are working
> >     properly?  As it stands now, my "own" cam is showing up in its own
> > collection of
> >     just local cams.
> >

> If my memory serves me right (please, if I am wrong, someone can correct
> me), that would seem to indicate that your multicast (or whomever is
> sending you the video through vtc) is not working properly.

Sigh... we don't have multicast up yet (just locally), and I'm pointing vtc at the
lobby
addresses specified on the virtual venues page.  I can see everybody's video, I can
see my own in a separate window, but I'm sort of at a loss as to why ours doesn't
seem
to be going out and ending up in the same "collection" of windows with everybody
else....

> Personal note, I currently see one video stream from Montana in the Lobby.

Yeh, that's the other Montana - Montana State - nice coffee cup, Gary! :)

--
   Don Morton                     http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana