[AG-TECH] RAT not finding audio card

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Wed Feb 28 12:12:44 CST 2001

I hadn't seen that test tone thingy but, once I found it, I was able to
do some debugging, find that indeed I was using the wrong sound card
(not the wrong type, just plugged into the wrong one), had made a
couple of other typically-Morton goofs, and I can at least speak/hear
locally.

I'll see if I can talk/hear to/from lobby a bit later this afternoon, then try
to understand why my video signal isn't going out.  Getting close, I think!

Little questions:

1) Which room in the mud is the most appropriate for asking these stupid
     little questions live?  Hangout?

2) Courtesy/Protocol - am I correct in my assumption that it's "appropriate" in

    the lobby to get on the mic and say something like, "Hey, can anybody hear
    me?"  Or am I viewed as one of those little pains if I do that? :)

3) On the display machine - I can finally get the collection of all the other
cams in
     the lobby.  Should I be seeing my "own" cam in that collection if things
are working
    properly?  As it stands now, my "own" cam is showing up in its own
collection of
    just local cams.

Thanks, Don

Hm. Far as I can tell it should be working. You might try moving cables to

--
   Don Morton                     http://www.cs.umt.edu/u/morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana