[AG-TECH] Starting Virtual Venue on a display computer...

Bob Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 1 22:05:20 CST 2001

> Heartbeat.  However, the VIC window stays at Waiting for Video...
>
> Is there some additional step I need to take?  Do I need to test my
> multicast capability with Beacon and if so is there a precompiled
> distribution that will work with my agapps Java runtime?

That likely menas you don't have incoming multicast traffic. You should
fire up the beacon to see what your connectivity looks like. See the the
NLANR website at http://dast.nlanr.net/projects/beacon/ for a beacon
distribution. It works fine on windows under Sun JDK1.2; I've not tried
compiling it with the microsoft sdk.

--bob