[AG-TECH] XAP 800

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Sun Dec 16 15:26:02 CST 2001

Mustafa,

I have been working on creating a more up-to-date Gentner configuration
document, so I will attach an image from the document that will eventually
appear in the AGDP.

I am not sure how ifferent the XAP 800 is from an AP 400, but I would
imagine that the echo cancellation should be similar.

In the matrix, notice that Output D is labeled "Ghost Output".  This
output, which should have nothing connected to it physically, will be used
in echo cancellation.  This is demonstrated by looking at the bottom of
the image where you will select which output to serve as echo
cancellation.

You want to echo cancel anything that would come out of your speakers so
that the Gentner does not think that this is regular audio going into the
mics (or something like that...I am not a complete expert on this audio
stuff).  Specifically, this would be sound from your telco and audio from
the AG.  The AG sound should be entering an input, and the sound from the
telco should be "Telco in".

Create a crosspoint on the "Ghost Output" and the AG audio in row (RX from
AG) and the "Telco In" row.

In the "Echo Cancellation Setup", select the output channel that
corresponds to the output designated as the "Ghost Output".  Please note
that the scenario described above is for the net-telco preset (preset 1).
For preset 2 (concerning the "Ghost Output" only and not the other mics,
inputs, outputs, an stuff), only have the telco crosspoint set in the
"Ghost Ouput" column.  For preset 3, only have the RX from AG (or whatever
you named that input that receives audio from the AG) crosspoint set in
the "Ghost Output" column.

Also as far as general guidelines, make sure that your gain is not set too
high on the mics or this will cause echo.  Aditionally, make sure that
your mics are not too close to the speakers or else you may have echo
problems.

Best of luck in figuring this problem out.

Allan
EVL at UIC
node-op