[AG-TECH] Voyageur Recording

Lisa Childers childers at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 14 09:33:40 CST 2001

Don,

Thanks for the reminder about time-synching.  Everyone in the community
should be running an NTP client on their audio and video machines.
Information on how to do this can be found at
http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/voyager/AGTimeSynch.htm.

The streams you see labeled "13 Flr Conference Rm" in the Finite Element
Analysis recording have unique ssrc's, which according to the RTP protocol
means they are independent video sources.  Since voyager demultiplexes media
data based on ssrc, they will appear in the stream list as multiple streams.

One possibility for the many streams is that the vic responsible for sending
"13 Flr Conference Rm" was relaunched several times during the recording.
Each time vic restarts a new ssrc is assigned to the stream.  However, a
quick look at the "duration" fields for these streams does not match that
scenario.  I am wondering if this phenomenon might be caused by buggy
multicast.  Perhaps Bill Nickless can chime in on the possibilities here.

The SCGlobal recordings from the showfloor voyager servers are being loaded
onto another voyager server and will be available to the community next
week.  The ones you see on the voyager.mcs.anl.gov server are a small
handful of the total SCGlobal set.

Congrats on the success of your finite element seminar!

Best,
Lisa