[AG-TECH] Network requirements?

Gary Refka grefka at insors.com
Thu Aug 23 16:29:15 CDT 2001

Dave,

100Mb of Multicast enabled bandwidth should be fine in my opinion.  We use
100Mb and have had very good performance without even coming close to
hitting the ceiling.  If I remember correctly, at one of the Super Computing
shows there was a contest to see who could get the mostly bandwidth over the
pipe.  The Grid community hit somewhere around 90Mb with everyone helping so
I think for normal use 100Mb should be fine. You can also only go as high as
what is available across the network and at the other users sites so you may
want to see what others are using.  If most of the rest of the Access Grid
community only has 100Mb links there's not much reason to go higher.

Gary A. Refka
Senior Sales Engineer
INSORS Integrated Communications, Inc.
111 W. Jackson Blvd., Suite 1412