[AG-TECH] New install -- planning for mics

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 10 17:20:08 CDT 2001

Dave,

The number of mic's is not a big deal, the requirement is that you use as
many mics as you need to be able to hear people in the room clearly. In most
cases that is more than two mics. I understand that the pzm mic should be
able to do a good job in a room of the size that you are talking about, but
we haven't ever had that kind of luck. Ours have always picked up too much
background noise - in fact we can't use them in any of our rooms.

I suggest you just try it and see, and be prepared to add a few more if
needed.

I think you can switch the mic from the gentner to the polycom when the
gentner is not in use, but to switch it when the gentner is working would
confuse it. Your understanding is correct.

Regards,

Terry