[AG-TECH] AG 1.0 and sym53c8xx driver

Karen D. Camarda kcamarda at tal.engr.ukans.edu
Wed Aug 1 10:40:18 CDT 2001

I am trying to install the Linux side of AG 1.0 on a new machine that has
a Symbios SCSI controller that needs the sym53c8xx driver module. The
RedHat installation program does not support this controller. The people
we bought the computer from did supply us with a driver disk image for
this controller that can be used with RH7.0, but it does not work with
6.2. I'm trying to get ahold of them to see if they have a 6.2 version,
but so far they haven't gotten back to me.

Does anyone know where I can find a RH6.2 driver disk for this
driver? Or can someone tell me how to create a driver disk, given that I
have this driver sitting on other Linux machines running RH6.2?

Thanks!

Karen Camarda

------
Karen Camarda                       Phone: (785)864-2937
Post Doctoral Research Associate    FAX:   (785)864-4967
Chemical and Petroleum Eng. Dept.   Email: kcamarda at tal.engr.ukans.edu
The University of Kansas            Web:   http://tal.engr.ukans.edu/~kcamarda/
1530 W. 15th St., Room 4006
Lawrence, KS 66045-7609