[AG-TECH] Question about the beacon client.

Bob Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 30 17:42:34 CDT 2001

I'd first check that hte beacon really died. How did you shut it down? if
you're using an AG linux box and used /etc/rc.d/init.d/nlanr-beacon stop,
there's a chance the beacon process itself is still running (do a ps and
look for the java process).

If it did die, perhaps there is a kernel timer that has to expire before
the group subscription is gone. I've not noticed the behavior you're
seeing, but I can't say I've looked for it.

--bob