[AG-TECH] AG Video streaming to IPaq PocketPC

Jason Leigh spiff at evl.uic.edu
Thu Apr 19 15:41:23 CDT 2001

Hi
	the open source Vic video stream viewer for the Ipaq Pocket PC is now
available at:

	http://www.oncoursetech.com/video/

FAQ:

- Supports Motion Jpeg and H261
- Allows channel selection via proxy
- Proxy can connect to AccessGrid bridge
- System will work on HP Jornada but slower
- Tested successfully over LAN wireless ethernet
- Shows 320x200 video in either portrait (truncated view) or landscape (full
view)

Future work: (looking for volunteers)

- Audio streaming
- Proxy should support more than 1 Pocket PC viewer
- 2 way video

Jason

P.S. We'd like to thank Todd Needham and John Sang at Microsoft; and Paul
Silva at inSORS for providing us with Ipaqs. Also we'd like to thank HP for
furnishing Jornadas.

Jason Leigh, PhD
spiff at evl.uic.edu              Electronic Visualization Lab (M/C 154)
EVL Phone (312) 996-3002         University of Illinois at Chicago
EVL FAX   (312) 413-7585         851 S. Morgan St. Room 1120 SEO
http://www.evl.uic.edu/spiff     Chicago, IL 60607-7053