"Re: [AG-TECH] lighting" - Cameras?

Donald J Lewis djlewis at ualr.edu
Thu Apr 19 13:10:29 CDT 2001

Sorry if this is a REPOST, I did a reply before
rather than REPLY ALL..

Most cameras are optimized for production studio
lighting of 3200 degrees Kelvin. This gives best
flesh tones and overall color balance. Newer cameras
have built-in auto-adjust for differing lighting
conditions but as these are pre-programed color
balance adjustments they are not perfect. It is
best to replace the flourescents with lamps as near
a color temperature as possible to the cameras optimum
color temp.

Don