[AG-TECH] WVU and AG for VE REU site

Frances L VanScoy vanscoy at cs.wvu.edu
Mon Apr 2 11:18:26 CDT 2001

West Virginia University has received unofficial word that our Virtual
Environments Research Experiences for Undergraduates site is likely to be
funded for this summer.

As we've begun planning for the site, we've realized that we'd like to use
the Access Grid fairly intensively over the ten weeks of the project.

In particular we'd like to:
	* conduct 20 3-hour training sessions
	* present 8 1-hour weekly research seminars
	* offer a 2-day research symposium at the end of the project
all over the Access Grid.

I realize we'll have to request a virtual room for the proper times and
dates, but right now I'm just asking this community

	Is this an appropriate use of the Access Grid?

Our REU site will probably run from May 29 through August 3.

Frances Van Scoy   fvanscoy at wvu.edu   304-293-2466   fax 304-293-8155