Betatest: AG Linux distribution

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 29 11:32:18 CDT 2000

I've made available on the AG software download page a beta of the new AG
Linux distribution, based on redhat-6.2 plus latest updates. It includes
the demo release of the Opensound drivers (that work for a few hours at a
time until you buy the license), and everything else you need for the Linux
installation. See the links on the download page for installation
instructions (Please do this -- there are still a couple things that have
to be done manually after the software install).

You'll need to reinstall Linux on the audio and video machines for this.

Important note: the venues software that is included in this release is
incompatible with the last release for the Windows side. A self-extracting
ZIP of the windows software is included on the CDROM.

Please send me any problems or issues you have if you try this out.

--bob