vrm-eventlistener / VIC problem

Jeff Long long at kestrel.cc.ukans.edu
Tue Sep 12 09:42:02 CDT 2000

Eric Jones wrote:

> After upgrading our video capture machine to kernel 2.2.16, everything
> works fine except for one problem with vic. It always starts up doing an
> X11 capture of the desktop and with the input set to svideo. I have to
> manually set devices and inputs at startup and whenever there's a room
> change.

Are you using the RedHat kernel?  I'm guessing that when you upgraded
you started using the "bad" video capture drivers that come with it.
Unless Bob O. has updated his customization script to install the "good"
video capture drivers for the RedHat 2.2.16-3 kernel you'll need to
install the "good" drivers manually.

If you aren't using the RedHat kernel you can just ignore all of this.

Jeff Long
KU