Virtual Venue Errors???

John A. Greenfield green at ahpcc.unm.edu
Wed Nov 15 16:41:08 CST 2000

I had similar probelms with a clean install of NT and virtual venue at SC.
I have not found the solution, but I did find that msvcp60.dll is a
run time library for ms visual C++ . It may be that something got linked
dynamically with that library in the latest virtual venue release.
I did discover that grabbing a copy of msvcp60.dll off the web did
not fix things, just changed to an error about an undefined entry point in
another library (I am guessing I need to get the right version of the
dll).

John Greenfield

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Stewart, Corbin J wrote:

> I'm having trouble with the virtual venue software.
>
> When I launch the start-eventlistener.bat file on the display machine it
> give us an error (orm.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage.InvalidName) complaining that it
> cannot find  msvcp60.dll and fails.  I search for the file and it doesn't
> exist on our Win2K machine.  Oddly, this was all working perfectly last week
> and this problem didn't arise until the AG had to be shutdown for some
> electrical work.
>
> I upgraded to the latest Virtual Venue software and still get the same
> error.
> Any Suggestion?
>
> Corbin Stewart
> Video Conferencing & Collaborative Environments
> Sandia National Laboratories
> (925) 294-4856

John Greenfield
green at ahpcc.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
THE ALBUQUERQUE HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER
Office # 505-277-8249
Direct # 505-277-9545
Fax #    505-277-8235