Fwd: Re: NSF review July 31

Tony Rimovsky tony at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 25 09:21:17 CDT 2000

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 08:48:16AM -0500, Jerry Sheehan wrote:
> 1) During the Alliance site visit (8-11 central) Roscoe Giles would like to
> participate via an AG node in Atlanta?  My understanding is they have
> equipment which was just recently sent to them and are waiting for a
> router.  Does anyone have a technical poc so we can check on where they are at?

The atlanta node is waiting for the ds3 to be installed (scheduled for
tomorrow) and the routers.  Getting the right interfaces for the routers is
turning out to be a bit of a fire drill, since bell south isn't delivering what
everyone expected.  I am working with bell south and cisco now to get a
combination of circuits and hardware that will work.

I am flying to the site Thursday morning.  Bill Nickless will be joining me
on Saturday evening.  Hopefully the node will be up, tested and running by
Monday morning.  However, someone should arrange a non-complex solution
for Roscoe (like a speakerphone), just in case.