Quick question

Bob Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 21 10:16:01 CST 2000

> 	We've finally had the changes made to our routers to properly
> support multicast. We should have our grid node online on the next day or
> so.

Great news!

> We can only 'hear' beacons at ANL, the beacons at UTK and Utah are not
> showing up. Is this expected?

Well, looking at the beacon page it appears that Kentucky and
Utah multicast isn't going anywhere. It also appears that OSC multicast
isn't being seen either. Looks like it's not quite there yet.

> 	Also, what model of microphone is intended to be mounted on the
> wall, is it the crown pzm 30d microphone? Terry Disz and I discussed this
> when looking at the floor-plan for the main room for our Chautauqua. The
> goal is to allow audience members to participate in a discussion without
> having to go to a microphone (the mics would be turned off when not being
> used).

We've not tried wall-mount mics (need to be careful there with the pickup
pattern -- hemispherical will get the ceiling and projector noise if
they're mounted there).

PZM30d is the one we've ceiling mounted, works well on a table too. We
have good luck with the PCC160 for table mount as well.

--bob