Questions on design...

Jeff W. Boote boote at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 25 18:20:01 CDT 2000

> 1) Crestron e-control or AMX, these are systems that let you control stuff
> from computers or touchpads (they sell software and components)

Since this has come up...

We are in the process of designing a new visualization lab, and we have been
considering Crestron or AMX, and have been wondering how hard it would be to
integrate something like this into an AG node. Has anyone out there done
it?

We are planning on building an AG node, but we are designing a whole new
space, so the AG node is only one aspect of our use for the room. With
respect to this, I've come up with some questions after looking at the AG
web site.

1. Can the AG control workstation share control of the Gentner with a
Crestron or AMX system? Is the "control computer" used for anything other
then control of the Gentner/audio mixing? If we are using Crestron or AMX
could we use that in place of the current control software?

2. Is the Gentner a capable overall mixer, or would we still need a Mackie
mixer for more generic use of the room.

In the agspecs-new-colored.ppt document it lists: Mackie, Biamp, Intelix,
and Voicecrafter.  From my reading of the Gentner literature, it claims to
do all of this - true?  (We will probably add a Mackie in anyway, so we can
mix in what ever comes up a little easier, but I was wondering if it was
necessary.)

3. Is the telephone interface used much for AG? The AP800 has some appeal
over the AP400 because of the additional inputs and outputs, but you loose
the telephone interface.  (And the amp, but I'm not so concerned with that
aspect.)

jeff
--
Jeff W. Boote  <boote at ucar.edu>      The more that you read, the more
Visualization Group                  things you will know.  The more