Projector specifications....

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Mon Apr 24 21:14:44 CDT 2000

ahem....I've seen quite a bit of talk on projectors...but has someone come
up with a generic project suggested features chart?

Things like:
- Minimum resolution
- Minimum h-sync/v-sync
- physical keystone correction versus electronic?
- maximum workable sound level?

The lumens would depend upon lighting levels as would the throw/zoom
features....I'm kinda leaning towards the sharp XG-NV5 since our inhouse
repair guys can work on it...hard to compare to the "suggested" NEC-NT100
since the spec sheet isn't online anymore...

http://www.sharp-usa.com/frame.asp?sect=2&pageid=AGA&AspOn=Y
Use above link and then choose the XG-NV5XG from the list....no direct
link...

So far I'm coming up with:
1024x678
with H-sync at 15-100khz, and v-sync at 50-100hz with a minimum of 15
degrees keystone correction. I'm also seeing about 35db as a "normal" noise
level....sound good so far?

Could folks email me what projector(s) they went with and a QUICK summary of
whether you liked it or not.  If not, say why....if you did like it say
why....

I think I just volunteered to put together a document on projector
choices....

/brian chee