GLOP addressing test

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 24 14:07:34 CDT 2000

At 01:57 PM 4/24/2000 -0500, Rogier, Gordon wrote:
>Olson and Nickless, when can we move VV space to glop addresses in the ANL
>space 233.2.177.0/24?  I want to make reviewing mcast router state simpler!!
>
>I would like to recommend a layout of sets of 4 sequential address per VV
>room.  The desire for sequential addresses is to ensure clean mapping to
>layer 2 mcast transport as well as discrete acl configuration for rate
>limit, etc. if so needed by a campus. Eg.,

Sounds like a good plan. I'll try to go ahead and make the changes, when I
get a chance to do it (we're gearing up for paper and site visit panics).

I assume you mean to have sequential addresses for all of the room ranges...

>Olson and I did a test quite a while back and satisfied his at a glance
>concern if glob addresses worked.  I think he is satisfied.

Yup, seems to Just Work. (Reason I was skeptical before is that we had some
problems a couple years ago with admin-scope multicast where we had to
explicitly route add the multicast LIS...)

--bob