New new rat

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 16 08:08:31 CDT 2000

If you have installed the rat-4.2.1 rpm, please read this and update your rat.

There was a bug in 4.2.1 that sent incorrect timing information, such that
a Voyager recording containing audio from a 4.2.1 rat was unusable. This
has been fixed in the CVS archives for rat, and I have a Linux binary
available built from these this:

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/rat-4.2.2-pre1.tar.gz

It should work with both OSS and ALSA (0.5.7).

To install:

	<download tarfile>
	cd /usr/local/ag/bin
	tar xzf rat-4.2.2-pre1.tar.gz

Please let me know if you have problems with this.

thanks,
--bob

PS - stuart -- this rat should also have your OSS mixer mods. Karen Camarda
-- this might work better with your troublesome audio cards, even under OSS.