[Fwd: Digital Talking Circle]

George Estes gestes at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 14 13:35:16 CDT 2000

  We have the Chautauqua video here at NCSA, as well as an update version
that includes newer Access Grid materials.  The Media Group here at NCSA
could make a copy, or copies as needed.  We also have a jaz disk(which
belongs to ANL and I need to return. Sorry!) full of Chautauqua and Grid
images.
George

<cdavis at pluto.cs.uah.edu>,
>        sdawes <sdawes at ctg.albany.edu>, gcf <gcf at nova.npac.syr.edu>,
>        egentry <egentry at cs.uah.edu>, asgilman <asgilman at access.digex.net>,
>        sgordon <sgordon at postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>,
>        heath <heath at cs.uiuc.edu>, "Raquell M. Holmes" <rmholmes at bu.edu>,
>        martin <martin at virginia.edu>, Bob Panoff <rpanoff at shodor.org>,
>        sragan <sragan at mabelode.mbhs.Edu>, robertr <robertr at igpa.uiuc.edu>,
>        Roschelle <Roschelle at acm.org>, stanleye <stanleye at beloit.edu>,
>        gv <gv at trace.wisc.edu>, mverona <mverona at mabelode.mbhs.Edu>,
>        bievenue <bievenue at ncsa.uiuc.edu>,
>        EOT Women & Minorities <eotwm at ncsa.uiuc.edu>
>CC: eot at ahpcc.unm.edu, "staff at ahpcc.unm.edu" <staff at ahpcc.unm.edu>,
>        research at ahpcc.unm.edu
>Subject: Digital Talking Circle
>
>Ya'ah'eeh (hello),
>
>President Clinton is returning to NM (see http://www.eot.ahpcc.unm.edu/
for more
>info) on April 17th.
>
>UNM/AHPCC and the National Computational Science Alliance (NCSA) will be
>conducting a "Digital Talking Circle" during his visit to Shiprock, NM. In
>December, 1999 the Smithsonian's National Museum of American Indians was the
>first Native American group to utilize the Grid in a demo and presentation
from
>the ACCESS Center in Washington, DC. In February, 2000 Dine' College
>demonstrated to the American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC - 32
>Tribal Colleges) that an ACCESS Grid node could work on the existing
>infrastructure of the multi-campus school. They utilized the Collaborative
Grid
>technologies (see
>http://www.eot.ahpcc.unm.edu/Community/DistanceEd/DistanceEd4.html for more
>info) to show community-interactivity (via an ACCESS Grid node Mural) Dine'
>College campuses at Tsaile, AZ, and Shiprock, NM as well as here in
Albuquerque,