[Fwd: Digital Talking Circle]

Frank Gilfeather gilfeath at ahpcc.unm.edu
Fri Apr 14 12:02:00 CDT 2000

All,

I am told HUD Secretary Cuomo and Interior Secretary Babbitt will be on
site as well as Neal Lane, President's Science Advisor.  We now hope to
be running the AG throughout the late afternoon and evening - so we
expect wide exposure to it.

Ernie is putting together an agenda with others for the AG afternoon and
evening events.  Nester and others are being asked to be involved
earlier in the evening in demonstrations - so we expect this to be a
tremendous Alliance event.  We are looking at suggested scheduled
activities to put on the AG -perhaps other discussion groups before the
main event.  Are there other suggestions for AG content anyone wishes to
make and lead?

For earlier in the evening:

Roscoe,  perhaps a virtual talking circle discussion of EOT stuff?

Margaret,  perhaps a virtual talking circle discussion of Chautauquas?

Please assume you can organize a 45 min block of time before the main
event - could you? would you?  Ernie will be in touch.

Both these would involve other people at all remote sites, so we get
many different interactions up throughout the late afternoon and
evening.

Can we have visuals to put up? Perhaps Karen or Argonne have an archive
of Chautauqua shots or even a video of Rick's talk to run.  Can we do
that? Karen, What might NCSA have?

I would be nice to have a video to be ready to run from a remote
location if we get dead time. Do we still have the Chautauqua video run
last year somewhere?

We do expect many high level agency people from DC and the WH, plus
press folks along for the trip to experience the AG. We will try to
engage them as they come by the lobby of Dine' prior to the event.
Evans and Al Kuslikis will act as on site hosts.

This is shaping up as very interesting.  I am told HUD has mentioned the
AG in its press release today.

Margaret,  Will you and Karen get the on campus UNM PR people engaged in
this press event. We want the Indian press to lead but UNM and the
Alliance need to follow with local NM press (UNM) and national
technology interest press (Alliance).  I would guess this is also an
HPCwire story dateline Shiprock NM.

Thanks to all who are pulling this together.  The technical news from
the site is excellent.  Liz Frank of UNM and Bill Nickless of Argonne
are on site.  Unfortunately i will not be here for most of this, but
Ernie will be directing events from UNM campus. Ernie ran the UNM
Chautauqua so he is the expert anyway!

Frank