AG presentations

Ginny Hudak-David virginia at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 14 10:02:51 CDT 2000

I agree with Leslie that we need to come up with a scheme to handle AG
events. And her suggestion to get a small group together to address some of
the questions is a good one.

Jim Farrar and I have talked a little about this, which came up when I
booked the NCSA node for the Chautauquas. I wasn't sure how to do that,
whom to contact, and what it meant to "book" the node.

--ginny david
  NCSA Scientific Computing

At 10:56 AM 4/14/00 -0400, Leslie Southern wrote:
>Hi,
>
>This thread brings up some interesting issues that hopefully we can
>resolve and even define some sort of process. The original workshop was
>planned by AHPCC and updated to include NCSA instruction. Boston and OSC
>will be "host" sites and have announced it to their broader communities.
>
>The responsibilities fall on all sites. Each site needs to plan their
>local arrangements based on their level of participation (i.e.,
>instruction, support, and audience). The "sponsoring" site needs to
>reserve the AG and provide materials.
>
>Perhaps the training group and the AG deployment committee can get
>together and work out the details and come up with a better game plan.
>Often the training folks are not the same as the AG folks, and this is a
>first for all of us.
>
>-Leslie
>

>Ernie Herrera wrote:
>>
>> This is a training activity, at very least the training POC should make the
>> arrangements or ensure that coordination occurs. But you're right a
complete
>> schedule description is good.
>>
>> Jim Farrar wrote:
>>
>> > After the hub-bub of the president visit, we probably need to set up some
>> > kind of system to inform all sites of events when they will have local
>> > presenters.  I have just been informed that I will have a local presenter
>> > on Tuesday the 18th for Fast Fourier Transforms and the FFTW library
>> > workshop.  This is a surprise to me.  No one here had even informed me
that
>> > they wanted to see the presentation let alone be a presenter for it.
There