Clinton Shiprock Visit Update (as of 13 Apr 2000 PM)

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 13 23:11:02 CDT 2000

>So far I've got the display system set up and have started working on
>the audio.  I'm having some problems getting the signal through the
>Gentner and am hoping that someone will be available tomorrow morning
>for troubleshooting.  Are there some software settings that I'm unaware
>of?

Do you have the gentner software installed on a win98 machine you can use?
it is much easier to configure with that.

Exactly what mics/speakers do you have? Is this some of the gear from your
node at UNM?

I'll be in in the morning.

>The full node in the lobby is do-able, but there isn't a screen available.

Um, Bill-rental from a photo studio in Abq?

>The wall we hope to use is painted white cinderblock.  It won't look
>great, but it will work.  That room is not big enough for the Chautauqua
>size screen.
>
>It is also possible to do a second, receiv-only node, but the gym is not
>a good place for it.  There is a smaller room that I'm hoping we can get.
>It's a snack bar off a smaller lobby between the gym and lobby that the
>president will be in.  Media people will have to walk by to get from the
>gym (their stable) and the show.

Sounds like that will work.

>Seeya tomorrow.

I'll likely be hanging out in the FL library, (630) 252-1872. Or you can
call my office at 252-3117; if you miss me leave a message.

Or the mud is always good.

--bob