Clinton Shiprock Visit Update (as of 13 Apr 2000 PM)

Liz Frank lfrank at ahpcc.unm.edu
Thu Apr 13 21:58:50 CDT 2000

Technical update from Shiprock.  10:00pm April 13

So far I've got the display system set up and have started working on
the audio.  I'm having some problems getting the signal through the
Gentner and am hoping that someone will be available tomorrow morning
for troubleshooting.  Are there some software settings that I'm unaware
of?

The full node in the lobby is do-able, but there isn't a screen available.
The wall we hope to use is painted white cinderblock.  It won't look
great, but it will work.  That room is not big enough for the Chautauqua
size screen.

It is also possible to do a second, receiv-only node, but the gym is not
a good place for it.  There is a smaller room that I'm hoping we can get.
It's a snack bar off a smaller lobby between the gym and lobby that the
president will be in.  Media people will have to walk by to get from the
gym (their stable) and the show.

Seeya tomorrow.

liz