SC 99 Access Grid Demo

Margaret Lewis mlewis at mhpcc.edu
Sun Oct 31 02:20:23 CST 1999

All,

It is offical -- the PACS is sponsoring "Behind the Scenes with the Access
Grid," demo during SC 99. The scheduled times are:

Monday, Nov. 15, 7 pm
Tuesday, Nov. 16, 12 pm (noon)
Thursday, Nov. 18, 11 am

The intent of this demo is to get as many sites participating in a showcase of
the technology behind the Grid. I've included a one paragraph abstract on the
demo at the end of this message -- please let  me know if anyone has edits.

Here is my suggested agenda for the demo:

* Welcome Grid Intro - Role call of all participating sites. I suggest John
Towns located in the NCSA booth. Maybe Larry could do this for Monday night demo
-- I'll send him a note asking. I can also serve in this role from MHPCC/AHPCC
booth. 5 minutes.
* Grid Vision - Rick Stevens - will give a brief description of Grid and vision
of how it will change the future  -- basically his presentation from the
Chautauquas shortened to about 5 minutes
* Applying the Grid - Frank Gilfeather - discuss how this technology was applied
to support the Chautauquas and the results -- 5 minutes
* Behind the Grid - Argonne tech staff to take the lead in describing the audio
config, video config, and the back channel. I suggest that this be done by
interacting with as many sites as possible. During this part of the presentation
I would have the MUD up the entire time. 15 minutes
* At this point I think we should get the four SC 99 sites to get their
audiences to interact with remote locations. This could last as long as the
audience wants to particiate -- up to 30 minutes.

Rick, Frank, and John T. -- can you verify you availability for these demos?

Remote and Show sites -- can you please confirm your availability for the
dates/times?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Margaret

Margaret