bandwidth (was Re: AG reservation)

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 1 11:28:24 CDT 1999

A small historical note:

People have been making this technology require less and less of the bridge
type technology; from the beginning with DVMRP, and mrouted's (where mrouted
was tunneled to other mrouted's) and the first Mbone where the whole thing
was tunnels, people have known this was the wrong solution.

This is why native multicast has been developed...

--Ivan