NSF ITR Proposal for Acclerating AG Technology/Deployment

Robin Bargar rbargar at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 10 14:33:41 CST 1999

Rick,

this fits several of our current interests regarding interactive
multichannel audio display in distributed environments. We have core
technology to apply to advanced grid prototypes. Some of this we will
present at the AG R&D meeting in December. Also we have some significant
international collaborators that are part of CNRS (France) who can provide
a strong proposal component and bring their own funding.

The letter of intent is due 11/15.

At 10:33 AM 11/4/99 -0600, Rick Stevens wrote:

>I've been thinking that we might want to consider putting together a large
>NSF ITR proposal to advance development of the AG concept and test
>deployment in some new types of settings (medical clincs, classrooms,
>emergency/disaster management, etc.)..
>
>The proposal could focus on:
>
>Audio... higher quality, spatialization, private vs public, voice commands
>
>Video... higher quality, compression, pannable video, video mosaics, etc.
>
>Remote Visualzation integration ... (lots of topics here)..
>
>Speicalizations.. Medical, Teaching, Portability, Mobility
>
>Security...
>
>Human Factors Issues.... workspace design and function
>
>Group to Group Collaboration Issues....
>
>Integration with Grid infrastructure and applications
>
>Etc...
>
>Interest ?
>
>--Rick

	- robin