Frustration with Hauppauge

Russ Wolf russ at bu.edu
Mon Jul 12 12:42:14 CDT 1999

Greetings,

I was a good bouy and purchased the Hauppauge WinTV card configured my
kernel and made sure bttv and vic wer all good.

I got to the point of hooking up my composite video feed (the one I've
been using on my O2 for the last week) only to discove that there was no
composite video input on the card.

I quickly looked at the box, the reference manual, the quick install
instructions and all three places there was a picture of the card with a
composite input.  On my card where the composite input should have been
was a port labeled IR/Remote ....

So I called hauppauge and asked what was up ?  The tech support guy said
that there are several different cards all sold under the same name and
they there is no way of telling which one is in the box until you open
it up!!!!!

I find that rather pathetic at least they could put some sotr of
indication on the box as to what they put in it.

Any way I'm going to be delayed a day or two now with broadcasting from
my linux box.  I have to overnight them the board then they will
overnight one back to me.

I'll continue to broadcast from my O2 until I get the card I thought I
was buying.

	--Russ