Tomorrow is C-Day minus 4

John A. Greenfield green at AHPCC.Unm.EDU
Thu Aug 5 10:24:31 CDT 1999

UNM should be available, we are now at least. All network problems are
supposed to be fixed. We should have the brand new Gentner installed and
running in time also.

John

 On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Mark Hereld wrote:

> Rick plans to use the AG tomorrow (Thursday 5 August) and Friday to practice delivery and tune up AG operations for the big day.  We need everynode that can to be on line so that we can bang on "interactive" use of the AG.
>
> Key ingredient is interaction.
>
> ANL/FL Workshop will source.  UNM will (if available) sink.  If UNM is unable, then we will practice with the ANL/FL Library acting as Proxy UNM.  This slot is important because we need to be prepared to protect the integrity of the broadcast with respect to the prime audience in case of network or other failure.
>
> And, finally, we will try to bring everybody up to spec on network time synchronization.  This is required for Voyager recordings.  We hope to record Rick's presentation and ALL of the AccessGrid streams for later stream-complex playback.
>
> These are pointers you should know:
>
> HOME BASE
> 	http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/today.htm
>
> FILL OUT THIS INFO NOW
> 	http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/bobpage.htm
>
> DIAGNOSTICS
> 	http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/rtpmon/index.htm
> 	http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/rtpmon-beacon/index.htm
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

John Greenfield
green at arc.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
THE ALBUQUERQUE HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER
Office # 505-277-8249
Direct # 505-277-9545
Fax #    505-277-8235