[AG-DEV] Continuation of AG Services - Action Items

David Allingham David.Allingham at newcastle.edu.au
Sun May 13 21:55:32 CDT 2012

Hi everyone,
  as per my item below, I'd suggest that (a) we should still transfer the domain now, since this will make it much easier to adjust DNS records (we keep the current time remaining on the domain and just extend it).  I am happy, and perhaps it would also be easiest, to (b) host the site here as well; I can install Drupal 7.14 (current version) and give access to whomever needs it, as well as assisting with the migration: will we be able to get an export of the current site?

 If that works for everyone, (a) who should I ask to transfer, and (b) who should I ask for the export dump?

Thanks,
  David

---

David Allingham
Research Technical Officer
CARMA
School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
The University of Newcastle
Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
David.Allingham at newcastle.edu.au
Tel.: (02) 492 16531
Fax:  (02) 492 16898

>>> Jason Bell <j.bell at cqu.edu.au> 13/05/2012 10:56 pm >>>
Colleagues

In an effort to keep an open line of communication. I will post a number of emails to the AG-Dev mailing list in regards to action items and progress for the "Continuation of AG Services".

Therefore, in regards to the people responsible for many of the action items, could I ask you all to reply to this mailing list.

 *   Tom Uram - can you please find out whether DNS redirection is possible.

 *   Tom Uram - could you please check the Mac build environment to see if environment still exists.

 *   Chris Willing - Can you begin setting up a new instance of a combined Jabber and Venue Server, which will be used as the default service.
    *   As a side note: Chris -could you also run a Bridge Registry as well on this system???

 *   David (University of Newcastle) given the expiry date of the accessgrid.org domain name, this won't have to be renewed for some time.
    *   Therefore - would you be able to investigate what needs to occur to get addresses pointing to various IP addresses.  For example, what will be required to point venueserver.accessgrid.org to the instance Chris Willing will be developing.

Many thanks.
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T. (Honours)

Video Collaboration Champion
Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation
http://www.qcif.edu.au/

ARCS eResearch Collaborative Services
http://www.arcs.org.au/

Senior Research Technologies Officer
Information Technology Directorate
CQ University Australia
http://www.cqu.edu.au/

E-mail :                 j.bell at cqu.edu.au<mailto:j.bell at cqu.edu.au>
                                j.bell at qcif.edu.au<mailto:j.bell at qcif.edu.au>
                                jason.bell at arcs.org.au<mailto:jason.bell at arcs.org.au>
Work   :                 +61 7 4930 9229
Mobile :               0409 630897
Postal :                 Building 19, Room 1.55
                                Central Queensland University
                                Bruce Highway
                                Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, 4702
Patience is a virtue.

But if I wanted Patience,
I would have become a Doctor.