[AG-DEV] Continuation of AG Services - Action Items

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sun May 13 21:07:52 CDT 2012

On 13/05/2012, at 10:56 PM, Jason Bell wrote:

> Colleagues
>
> In an effort to keep an open line of communication. I will post a
> number of emails to the AG-Dev mailing list in regards to action
> items and progress for the “Continuation of AG Services”.
>
> Therefore, in regards to the people responsible for many of the
> action items, could I ask you all to reply to this mailing list.
>
> 	• Tom Uram – can you please find out whether DNS redirection is
> possible.
>
> 	• Tom Uram – could you please check the Mac build environment to
> see if environment still exists.
>
> 	• Chris Willing – Can you begin setting up a new instance of a
> combined Jabber and Venue Server, which will be used as the default
> service.
> 		• As a side note: Chris –could you also run a Bridge Registry as
> well on this system???

I have a new instance running now, ready to be used but not yet
populated with the venues from vv3.mcs.anl.gov.
    *** Tom, could you email the VenueServer.dat file to me so I can
replicate the venues please?
Then we'll be ready to go as soon as the DNS is taken care of.

> 		• David (University of Newcastle) given the expiry date of the
> accessgrid.org domain name, this won’t have to be renewed for some
> time.
> 		• Therefore - would you be able to investigate what needs to occur
> to get addresses pointing to various IP addresses.  For example,
> what will be required to point venueserver.accessgrid.org to the
> instance Chris Willing will be developing.

The new venue server instance thinks it is named vv3.accessgrid.org
(not venueserver.accessgrid.org). That naming convention (vv3 rather
than venueserver) is in line with current practice (at least at
mcs.anl.gov and ap-accessgrid.org) and its what I already use ...

Therefore we'll need a Pointer for vv3.accessgrid.org to the new venue
server. While testing, that is at 130.102.78.228 (I'll set a permanent
address soon).

Also, wherever the new www.accessgrid.org is being set up (has Todd
agreed?) should have a new registry/peers.txt entry of:
     vv3.accessgrid.org/registry/peers.txt

chrios

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland