[AG-DEV] resurrecting AGVCRtoMPEG2

Andrew Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 07:52:47 CDT 2011

Hi,

I was working on a project called ViCoVRE which was involved in much the same sort of thing - i.e. taking AG recordings and converting them into other formats.

The project is currently hosted at:
http://vicovre.googlecode.com

There is quite a lot of code in there that will probably do what you want.  It is in Java, but makes use of native ffmpeg libraries to do the actual conversion.  Feel free to have a look and let me know if you have any questions.  I think that the main thing that is missing is a reader for the AGVCR format (it uses its own AG recording format), although there is support for writing AGVCR files.  It is also mainly web-based, so I would guess it might need a GUI if you prefer stand-alone execution.  At worst, it might give you some hints for your own code ;)

Hope this is useful,

Andrew :)

   Andrew G D Rowley
   Senior Software Engineer, NaCTeM