[AG-DEV] AccessGrid setting locale?

Andrew Ford andrew.ford at rit.edu
Mon Apr 4 10:29:06 CDT 2011

Hi Chris,

That makes sense, and I don't know of any other way to fix language issues
like that, but I would suggest that that call be moved somewhere else if
possible. Like the python docs say, it seems inappropriate for a library to
be setting the locale, and when you just do the import
agversion/agversion.select() to e.g. use the IW classes to query or control
the venue client, AG is effectively being used as a library. Could that call
be moved to somewhere like when the GUI is set up? I'm not familiar enough
with the AG codebase to say, but it makes more sense to me to be somewhere
like that rather than in the very high-level general code like Toolkit.py
is.

--Andrew