[AG-DEV] AG Workshop updated for AG 3.X versions?

Jesus Cea Oliva jesus.cea at uca.es
Sun Feb 14 13:24:24 CST 2010

Hello list,

First of all, thanks for the good work :-) and sorry for my english if it's too bad, i'm spanish and my english it's bad.

We're students of University of Cadiz (Spain) where have installed an Access Grid Node. We have a project about Access Grid and there are many objectives, but the most important objectives are:

- Document best possible in our language how install, configure and optimize an Access Grid client and/or Server on Windows/Linux/Mac, explaining how add services, share applications and documents, etc.

- Develop many applications to integrate in Acces Grid for education and Scientist purposes.

Naturally we will are glad to show you our advances when we obtain something.

Firstly, we've documenting about Access Grid Toolkit API (http://www.accessgrid.org/files/developer/api/3.1/index.html [ http://www.accessgrid.org/files/developer/api/3.1/index.html ]), and, searching I've found a AG Workshop for AG 2.X: http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/accessgrid/documentation/tutorial/AGTk_2.4/index.htm.

This document is very good and usefull, but there some instructions that don't work on 3.x versions. For example, the Development intro exercises, there are instructions that don't exists in 3.x versions (GetClients, etc.). Futhermore, the Authorization chapter we haven't permission to access it.

So, does it exist an updated version of AG Workshop, or similiar document/web page for developers where we can learn the AG API easyly?

About Authorization, I'm interested if we can restrict the access to some people, requesting a login and password to access to a Venue, is this possible? How?

Thank you for your time. I apologize for the inconvenience.Greetings!