[AG-DEV] Media tools and sharred app bug

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Tue Jun 9 19:17:11 CDT 2009

Hi Guys

It has just be found that applying a suggested "fix", which fixes a
problem that causes the media tools to not start, causes the shared
app's to no longer start.

See http://www.accessgrid.org/node/1800 for information and the fix.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to debug, therefore I was hoping
someone might be able to look at the issue and hopefully assist with
fixing it.

I have a couple of people that had to apply this fix to get the media
tools to work (which causes the media tools to work fine).  The issue
relates to the need of having the path surrounded by quotes, but this
then causing an error and prevents the shared app's from starting.

I am sure if you do a diff on the current ProcessManager.py file with
the new ProcessManager.py file, you will see where the changes are made.

As I said, I have a colleague that would be able to test any new
solutions to see if it fixes both issues.

Many thanks in advance and I really hope someone will be able to look at
this issue.
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T. (Honours)

Research Systems Support Officer
Information Technology Division
CQ University Australia

Australian Research Collaboration Service
http://www.arcs.org.au/

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au
         jason.bell at arcs.org.au
Work   : +61 7 4930 9229
Mobile : 0409 630897
Postal : Building 19
         Central Queensland University
         Bruce Highway
         Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, 4702
Patience is a virtue.

But if I wanted Patience,
I would have become a Doctor.