[AG-DEV] Disabled bridges when they are working fine!

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Sun Nov 2 17:39:37 CST 2008

On 03/11/2008, at 9:27 AM, Jason Bell wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has noticed a "possible" bug in the
> VenueClient (3.2 beta), in particular regards to unicast bridging
> listing a bridge as disabled, when in fact the bridge is fine.
>
> I first realised this issue when I began installed new ARCS-bridges
> throughout Australia.
>
> Example of problem:
>
> ARCS-Melbourne bridge is being listed fine.  I do a "Purge Bridge
> Cache" and then is lists the bridge as "Disabled".  I do another
> "Purge" and then the bridge then displays "Enabled".  In some
> respects, it seems a little "random" for choosing Status when the
> bridge is working and being “Purged”...  I can also purge a number
> of times and the bridges never stays enabled or disabled!
>
> I have also seen this occur with a number of other bridges.
>
> Has anyone else see similar issues?

Yes, I've seen it too. I assumed (without any real basis, such as
looking through the code) that, during the purging, the timeout for
receiving a response from each bridge was set somewhat low.

chris

Christoph Willing                        +617 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland