[AG-DEV] Disabled bridges when they are working fine!

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Sun Nov 2 17:27:28 CST 2008

Hi Guys

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed a "possible" bug in the
VenueClient (3.2 beta), in particular regards to unicast bridging
listing a bridge as disabled, when in fact the bridge is fine.

I first realised this issue when I began installed new ARCS-bridges
throughout Australia.

Example of problem:

ARCS-Melbourne bridge is being listed fine.  I do a "Purge Bridge Cache"
and then is lists the bridge as "Disabled".  I do another "Purge" and
then the bridge then displays "Enabled".  In some respects, it seems a
little "random" for choosing Status when the bridge is working and being
"Purged"...  I can also purge a number of times and the bridges never
stays enabled or disabled!

I have also seen this occur with a number of other bridges.

Has anyone else see similar issues?

Thanks,

Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T. (Honours)

Research Systems Support Officer

Information Technology Division

CQ University Australia

Australian Research Collaboration Service

http://www.arcs.org.au/

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au

         jason.bell at arcs.org.au

Work   : +61 7 4930 9229

Mobile : 0409 630897

Postal : Building 19

         Central Queensland University

         Bruce Highway

         Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, 4702

Patience is a virtue.

But if I wanted Patience,

I would have become a Doctor.