[AG-DEV] Identity certificates

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 14 01:15:04 CDT 2008

Luis:

The video capture machine has, in the past, often run Linux, which is
why you got that impression from looking at older documentation.

In AG3, vic can use USB cameras, firewire cameras, and dedicated capture
cards with either a VFW (older) or WDM/DirectShow (newer) driver.  You
should be having success in either of these cases.  If you're not, we
need to look into the cause a little deeper.  Provide more details of
the problems you ran into, and your configuration, and I/we can help.

There are add-on services for transmitting/receiving video using VLC
(http://netmedia.gist.ac.kr/agdv/download.html).  These have so far only
been made available on Windows, but it would be trivial to make them
also work under Linux (with VLC; DVTS would be more difficult).

Tom