[AG-DEV] Identity certificates

Luis Galárraga lgalarra at fiec.espol.edu.ec
Thu Mar 13 10:07:02 CDT 2008

Thanks a lot for your help Tom. I have two additional questions, but they
related to audio and video transmision. As I mentioned, our objective are
single node users which should have just a webcam and a microphone to
participate in a webinar. People here in ESPOL (colleagues but not members
of this project), have successfully tested AG in node configuration, but
when we tried with a single computer, we could not transmit video. Worried
about this fact, I read all documentation about VIC and understood that it
requires a video capture card (our colleagues had one) for transmitting
video. Reviews and documentation about node configurations indicate that the
video capture computer should be a Linux machine with a video capture card
and that only in Windows it is possible do it with a usb webcam or a
firewire camera (no video card needed). Our tests were in both platforms
without success. Do Linux users need a frame grabber for transmit video? Is
it possible to use another tool like VLC for transmitting video? We had
successful results transmitting multicast video streams from a webcam using
VLC in Ubuntu Linux and Windows XP. In addition, we found a way of
redirecting raw video to another application instead of showing it with VLC.

Thanks again.

Luis,